Thursday, June 3, 2010

How Chloe came about

LOL...well we all know how Chloe happened, but the story leading up to her is pretty interesting.  This might be a little TMI so the squeamish should stay away!  I figured it was as good a time as any to reminsce as DD's 5th birthday is coming up quick!  How did all this time go by so fast?  How has it been 3 YEARS of TTC?  At least now I have a good doc and there is a plan if the rest of this year is a bust.

2 yrs before I got pg with DD I had not had AF in almost 2 years (I had been to the Navy doctors but they weren't concerned?  PAP's were abnormal, but they didn't much care). The Navy put me on a string of bc pills = 5 bc pills a day for 5 days, then 4 x day for 5 days, 3 x day for 5 days, 2 x day for a week, and 1 x day for 2 weeks. They prescribed me nausea pills and pain meds. Yea...nausea pills because taking that many bc pills tears you up! I didn't need the pain pills until I got to 1 x day for 2 weeks, I was 1 week into it and I started having contractions. I was writhing on the couch for hours, (this will be TMI) went to the bathroom and passed a huge mass in the toilet. We rushed to the ER and of course the corpsman waiting on me was pg. She then said "we think you had a miscarriage".  I told her to get the F out of the room and get the doc. The doc came in and told me it wasn't a m/c, it was the buildup of the lining of my uterus over the last 2 years. She also then told me that I had a one up on every other first time mom as I know what contractions would feel like.  She was right, well, kind of.  2 years later I got pg with DD, we found out I was pg at 9 weeks, we saw the hb on a u/s so I know I was at least 8 weeks.  At 38 weeks (41 by my calculations, I got admitted at 4cm (no pain, admitted because of DD's heart decel), water was broken at 5cm (no pain), and I made it to the point of no return (7cm and I could feel the contractions good then, on the same level as the ones I felt after all those bc pills) and then decided I didn't want to feel the ring of fire and I opted for the epi. I didn't get the full epi so I could still feel when to push and how to push.  Right before my first push I asked the CNM how long it takes first time moms that have had an epi.  She said 2-3 hours.  WHAT?!?!?!?  Nope, not me.  24 minutes later (and a pretty bad tear) DD was born.  Everyone got a little freaked out (my mom included and she is a nurse practitioner) because she was purple and was not showing any signs of life.  It felt like an eternity later that I heard that first sweet that cry was...8lbs 1oz and 21 1/2 inches long.  They said that since she was so early she shouldn't be that big, but I knew in my heart that she was actually almost 2 weeks late...

Aaaahhhh....memories...;)  Hoping to add more baby stories to my memory bank in the next few years...(heck a year from now would be good...LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment