Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IVF Consultation

Well, the consultation is tomorrow.  I never thought it would get to this.  It is crazy to think that I have only been going to the fertility doctor since January.  I look back and I should've asked to be referred much earlier.  My OB had no clue. 

I have written down some questions to ask, but my doc is pretty informative, just wondering if DH is going to have a hard time keeping up.  I hope not.  We will have to talk to the billing office at the clinic also I would imagine, maybe they can steer us towards a good finance company...DH made a great point when I told him I thought we couldn't afford IVF, he said that we'll be paying for a child for the rest of his or her life anyway so why not go ahead?  I agreed...

You know what?  I am happy to move on.  All those months (YEARS!) spent TTC have weighed heavily on me.  I have started to feel defeated and let down.  But now there is a light at the end of the tunnel!   

At least this way we can pay for 3 cycles of IVF and if we don't bring home a baby from those 3 cycles we get 90% of our money back.  Nice... 

I will write another blog tomorrow after the appt...excited and nervous...;) 

4 comments:

  1. I really hope it goes well! It seems like this may be a sure way to bring home another little bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! IVF can be quite overwhelming, just take it a step at a time. Good luck! Thanks so much for adding my link! I am now following you and added your link as well!
    By the way, are you doing acupuncture? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really excited for you! Im glad you're thinking positive. You guys have been through a lot lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Krissi - No, not doing acupuncture...I have read a bit about it though. Does it help not grow a thousand follies when stimulated? LOL

    ReplyDelete