Monday, May 17, 2010

IVF anyone?

Well...we have 2 choices.  Either do another cycle like we just did which will take almost 2 months or consult with the RE for IVF.  We decided to do both (unless we can get IVF before another superovulation cycle).  We will find the money!  The money tree has been planted, just needs some fertilizer and lots of water. 

Everything I have read and heard from the clinic states that women with PCOS run a much higher risk of producing waaaaay too many follicles (uh, yea, that is me) and cycles get cancelled.  I am not sure I can handle another cancelled cycle!  Today was horrible.  I honestly feel like a worthless pile of poo.  I feel broken.  I see the pain in my husband's eyes...we wanted more than 1 child!  We didn't agree on the numbers (him - 4, me - 2), so we agreed on 3.  That was as soon as we got married and here we are 10+ years later with 1 awesome little girl.  She is the best thing that happened to me (us) but I know that our family is not complete. 

As of right now (haven't had the IVF consult yet) it is looking like we will do the VIP (vested interest program) at my RE's office.  We will get 90% of our $ back if we go through 3 cycles of IVF and don't end up with a baby.  I have to research it a bit more but I remember reading something about miscarriages don't count against us...but I am doubtful about that aspect...

So whatever it takes, I am ready.  Bring it on.  I will conquer you infertility!  You are going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment