Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Twenty-six

I saw this on another blog and just had to do it...:)  Found it on AP's blog, and I figured it would be a great way for other bloggers (and my few in real life friend followers) to learn a bit more about me...:)


Twenty-Six

Age: 32.
Blog Title Inspiration: Uh, well...I was going a bit mad with dealing with IF the first time around and this SIF mess was a bit worse.  So my OB pretty much told me it would happen again with time...LOL.  Funny guy.
Chore You Hate: Putting away the clean laundry.
Day at the Beach or Cozy Rainy Day?  Definitely a day at the beach.
Essential Start Your Day Item:  Well, it used to be coffee until I decided to quit.  Then when I was finally referrred back to the OB from the IF doc, I was told NO CAFFEINE.  So glad I quit or I would have been mad.
Favorite Color:  Almost any shade of green.
Gold or Silver?  Silver.
Height: 5'9"-ish.
Instruments You Play:  Played the piano when I was younger. 
Job Title:  Senior engineering technician.
Kids:  We have a 5 (and a half) year old little girl.  Our unmedicated miracle (even the IF doc was astonished that we got (and stayed) pregnant with her.
Live:  In the great white north (Minnesota), hoping one day in the next 2 or 3 years to live overseas again though! 
Mom's Name:  Carolyn although she goes by Nina.
Book Currently on Your Nightstand:  None.  Don't have time to read books.  I do read lots of books on airplanes though (I never sleep on airplanes, no matter how long the flight so books are great for keeping me busy so I don't go stir crazy).
Nicknames:  Monkey.
Overnight Hospital Stays?  I have had a few.  Once for tonsils when I was a kid, stayed in hospital when I had DD, and most recently 2 nights in the hospital for an insanely high heart rate and pneumonia (community acquired).  Lovely. 
Pet Peeve:  People who make stupid comments about things they don't know about.  Example:  Infertility.
Quote from a Movie:  I am not the movie quote type of person at all!
Right or Left Handed? Right.
Siblings:  A younger brother and 2 older stepsisters.
Time You Wake Up?  Whenever DD gets me up (I work afternoons).
Underwear:  At the present moment?  Maternity underwear.  One of my friends couldn't believe I wear them (she didn't when pregnant)...but I grow so big my non-maternity ones cut into my belly and legs...:(
Vegetable You Dislike:  I like them all!  Really...I do.
What Makes You Run Late:  Usually DD...LOL
Yummy Food You Make:  Spanakopita...although I have changed my recipe a little and I am not sure I like it as much.
Zoo, Favorite Animal:  Monkeys.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I might steal this idea and link it back to you... love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you did it!! Just read your timeline...wow! You have been through a lot. So glad everything is working out for you!!
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided to do this one as well :)

    Underwear: I buy 2 sizes up from pre pregnancy right now. Which works for most so far...It amuses me that I can't see what color I am wearing without some serious body contortioning, LOL.

    Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a similar meme for my ICLW intro this month. My "chore you hate" is the same as yours. I despise laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing some interesting tid bits about yourself. Happy ICLW!!

    Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy journey...looks like it was quite a road to get this far!!x

    ReplyDelete