Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another year older...

This morning I was woken by my phone ringing...ugh, 7 am comes too early when you work until midnight.  My Mom then starts belting out the happy birthday song...it was cute.  We talked and talked about things, the pregnancy, the house, DD, a newer car, etc.  I even asked her about the bloat.  I guess some women get it and some don't.  I didn't with DD, but I was about 20 pounds underweight when I got pregnant with her.  After I hung up with her I got a few more birthday song calls...it was great!  A bit of a reminder that I am yet another year older and missing that baby in my arms, but I am on my way to that again...

Anyway, I have bought myself a few things for my birthday, hoping that I don't jinx myself but I had to get a maternity pillow as I am a belly sleeper and it is getting pretty uncomfortable already to sleep that way.  I also bought a heart rate doppler thing (please let there be a heartbeat on Tuesday!) and I plan on buying some stuff at Bath and Body Works tomorrow.  DH asked what I want, but sometimes I would rather just buy my presents all by myself...;) 

The cutest thing today was that DD gave me a present, some nice smelling candles from Pier 1 in a Halloween/Autumn theme.  Too cute.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday :) and I am so going to be getting a Snoogle VERY soon, so I know the feeling :) you got a great gift this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the one that I bought...Yea, that early bday present was all I wanted...;)

    ReplyDelete