Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One more week!

7a.m. came really early today.  I work afternoons...how does morning get here so quickly?  Aaaarrrrgh.  I have remembered to take my pill every morning so far (googled it and it is considered a "mini pill").  Sunday I started taking my daily injections of Lupron.  Everything got thrown off because we had Navy Reserve drill weekend, so hopefully it doesn't matter much that I took the drugs a little early. 

The Lupron injections are not bad, just sting a little bit when inserting the needle and injecting the drug.  I thought that it would get easier or better for me the more injections that I took, but I think lack of sleep might be having an effect on my injection skills.  The silly needle wouldn't go in this morning. After my appointment next week I will only have 4 doses left of Lupron so I am not sure if I will be getting another prescription?  I guess I should probably check the paperwork and see if I need to order another 14 day kit. 

Still trying to get my FSH (follicle stimulating hormones) figured out.  Insurance is holding things up, not sure if the drugs will be paid for or not, and I am not holding my breath.  At least I will get many many points on my credit card...(trying to look for a positive in all of that money that will be spent).

Side effects you ask?  No, I haven't noticed any yet.  I have been expecting hot flashes and other side effects of menopause, and thankfully none have shown up yet.  Ok, I lied.  I have been bloated, but that could be leftover side effects from so many months on Clomid.  And I have also been moody, but I have been that way for over a year now.  I am 99.9% sure that DH would disagree, he would say it has been much more than a year of moodiness.

So the countdown is on until my appointment next week, they will be doing an ultrasound and bloodwork to check and make sure the drugs are working like they are supposed to and I could start taking the FSH that day!  I have looked into how long it takes the average woman to produce follies and it is 8-10 days.  Hopefully I am an average woman.  I sure wasn't on Clomid.

7 DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment