Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wow...what a mess...

So I decided I am an anomaly. First, I have a blood deficiency, it is a G6PD deficiency: G6PD deficiency is an inherited condition in which the body doesn't have enough of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, or G6PD, which helps red blood cells (RBCs) function normally. This deficiency can cause hemolytic anemia, usually after exposure to certain medications, foods, or even infections.

Most people with G6PD deficiency don't have any symptoms, while others develop symptoms of anemia only after RBCs have been destroyed, a condition called hemolysis. In these cases, the symptoms disappear once the cause, or trigger, is removed. In rare cases, G6PD deficiency leads to chronic anemia.

With the right precautions, a child with G6PD deficiency can lead a healthy and active life.

Ok, so that is that. Then the whole PCOS thing...I have been googling a lot and found that women with PCOS commonly have a resistance to Clomid. Grrreeeaaat...I know I ovulated once on it, maybe the longer regimen will work...we'll see.

Also, PUPPS...I started to notice a lot of tiny bumps on my legs 3 days after I gave birth to DD (dear daughter). They turned into hives over the next 10 days and I had to go to the ER for some meds to calm me down. It was horrible. I went in to the OB the next day and I showed him the hives, he then asked when I was due. Ha! DD was with me in the stroller on the other side of the room. He flew out of the room and came back with all the doctors and nursing staff that he could find. He explained that I had postpartum PUPPS (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy). It is extremely rare to get it then...almost all of the women who get it, get it during their 3rd trimester and it fades away after birth. So I asked the doctor how likely I would be to get it again, he said not likely. We'll see I guess...because I am determined to have another child...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment