Thursday, October 27, 2011

High risk...

So, at my appt with my RE I told him I wanted to see a high risk OB to ask questions about pre-e and HELLP happening again.  My appt was yesterday.  The high risk OB was great (the nurse was a bit more informative though), she answered our questions, gave us lots of good info, and we left there feeling great.  1 in 4 chance at pre-e again, and a 5% chance of HELLP if I get pre-e again.  I knew all of that as I have been studying up a bit on it all.  Some blood was drawn to check for blood clotting issues (I had a very bad bleed at 13 weeks with Trey) and those results should come back in a few weeks.  The doc mentioned taking baby aspirin but wasn't sure what I should do since I am allergic to aspirin.  She explained about Trey's placenta not being as healthy as it should have been (clotting issues?  A fluke?  Pre-e and HELLP have no known causes).  She talked a bit about the D&C I had to get placenta out (I just called it the vacuum), and she said there is nothing preventing us trying again.  I mentioned my weight (I am about 25lbs over my "normal" weight) and she said I am within my BMI and weight isn't an issue. 

Funny...she knows my RE.  Small world in the doctor community I guess.  I will be calling the RE to get meds started soon.  I am hoping the Metformin helps out a bit with my weight issues and sugar cravings.  :)  And now I have to get into the TTC mindset again...exciting and scary as my mind keeps going back to the appt with the RE.  Having 2 follies mature was great, but the fact that there were 5 more that were close makes me nervous of overstimulating again.  Guess we'll see what happens. 


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

PCOS and pregnancy complications.

Wish I would have found this MUCH earlier!

Now that I have dealt with this I will know what to look for if we get the go ahead (and decide to go ahead).

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


I kept reminding myself to call the high risk OB...then my home phone rang and I was busy, checked it later and sure enough, it was them...funny as they were supposed to call last week.  I called back and made the appointment, we'll see what they say. 

I know I need to lose some weight (20lbs) to be healthier, but I am still under the max BMI for my RE to treat me.  Yay. 

DH and I have talked and will make our decision after we talk to the high risk OB.

Still no call...:/

The high risk OB hasn't called me back yet, so I will try to remember to call tomorrow.  DH and I have had a long talk about it all and are ok either way...we are so very lucky to have 2 IF miracles.  We always wanted 3 little ones, so it will be hard for us to call it quits (12 years hoping and praying takes a toll on you though)...

T is doing well, he is growing like a weed just like his big sis!  He almost skipped 6 month sized clothes completely.  He is now in 9 month clothes and won't be for long...silly mom bought his winter gear in 12 month sizes...won't last him through the winter!

Had a crappy week, had some water damage to the house - carpet and walls will be getting replaced; lost my purse (maybe stolen?), and found evidence of a rodent in our basement ceiling.  Maybe this week will be better.